mercredi, septembre 27, 2006

et voila!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but things are starting to fall into place. My last week in Vancouver was great, and I don't remember much from my last night in town...but I heard it had all the makings of a big night: totally drunk even before getting to limerick, near-bail in the middle of the club, jager bombs and shots, dancing, drunken conversations (that I don't remember), drunken confession to gorgeous bartender (that I do remember...embarassing) and early morning walk/cab home.

So now I'm in Paris. I'm living in a very swanky part of town; I have included photographic evidence of my proximity to the Eiffel Tower. I live in a tiny place, about the size of my room back in Vancouver. But within that space I have a kitchen, a shower/toilet and a bed that folds out into a double (for all of you coming to visit me) Internet was the last thing on my list of things to get done and now I can relax (ie: party and wreck my body as much as humanly possible) before classes start on the 9th.

Last night I went to check out The Rapture
at Le Bataclan (about half the capacity of the Commodore). Despite getting there in kind of a bad mood (metro delays that made me miss the beginning of the set, head cold, fever), I immediately got into it. Their set was short, and they only played one song for their encore, but the crowd left pretty happy. Especially after one of the singers crowd surfed his way to the very back of the room and then back to the stage, gave everyone in the front row high fives and sweaty hugs. If my head wasn't already sore from my cold, thus limiting my ability to rock out, I would have woken up this morning with a serious bangover.

I'm all blogged out now, but stay tuned...this weekend's gonna be balls out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

What!? Where's all the lame, self-absorbed wankery about your feelings and stuff? You call this a blog?

1:12 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home