samedi, mars 31, 2007

yawnfest number 5

Our second to last debate was on Thursday. We had a great lineup, including Pierre Lellouche (UMP) and Ghassan Salame, one of my professors this year. Unfortunately, we had a substitute moderator because the usual Ali Baddou was on the road with his radio show. And while the substitute was equally good-looking and well-spoken, he completely ignored our instructions on the structure of the debate. So the result was a completely flat discussion: the guests didn't even raise their voices. No yelling. No veiled insults. No below-the-belt jabs. Boring. Nonetheless, here is the video. My little speech comes at around the 25 minute mark (1/3 of the way in). Check out my incredibly long shag.



In other news, last night I got drunk for the first time in a while. It was one of those random nights where we migrated from one bar to the next. In our travels we discovered a bar that makes the strongest drinks in the city, if not the entire country. I don't really remember what I ordered, but I know it was called the Rio Grande, and it had 4 different kinds of liquor in it, including Tequila. This bar also has a 10-page drinks menu, which obviously means that if I want to find out what the best cocktail at the Crocodile is, I need to be making weekly trips there.