mardi, mai 29, 2007

spring cleaning.

I'm sick for the...oh...hundredth time this semester. I have to admit that I ask for it every time though...too much partying, not enough sleeping, blah blah blah. So I'm doing a bit of a spring cleanse...no coffee, no alcohol, no fun.

This week was just not the best time to get sick. On top of the exam tomorrow morning at 8, and the two presentations today and tomorrow, I also have to do an analysis of a book. The book in question is unreadable. Picture your high school math textbook, but instead of algebra and trig, it's pages and pages of in-depth analysis of the CIA: the history, the institution, the links with the executive... What's worse is that the authors deceive you into thinking that it's going to be an exciting read, with chapters like "A World of Secrets" and "The Origins and Expansion of CIA Covert Operations". Oh my!

The truth is that I have had this book for a week and have fallen asleep every time I've tried to progress. And I'm starting to panic because this presentation is on Thursday and all I've learned is that the CIA is a bureaucratic monster with a superiority complex that abhors communicating with other agencies. So...has anyone read The Central Intelligence Agency: Security under scrutiny? Of course you haven't. The book was meant to be a door-stop.