vendredi, mai 11, 2007

ouuuuffff!

It's been a very busy week. I'm going to start with the most recent events and see how far back I can remember.

Today, I got an internship for next semester. This is a big deal for several reasons. It means that I no longer have to stress about finding an internship. PHEW. (instead of doing a thesis we do an internship, it's meant to prepare us for the real world and allow us to network in our field of study) This is also a big deal because I'm pretty sure my internship is going to be awesome. First of all, I'll be working at l'Ecole Militaire, which is a stone's throw from my apartment, in a research centre that is affiliated with the military. Secondly, I'll be doing research on exciting topics like nukes, terrorism, strategy... And finally, one of my papers will get published.

Speaking of published, the book that my class published about Kosovo last semester is finally out on Amazon.fr for 14 bones. Not that any of my readership would want to buy it, but I'm just sayin'...

Now that I've finally sat down to update my blog, I've come to the realisation that most of the stuff that I did this week that I found particularly interesting does not make for good blog material. So I'll skip back a few days and mention that I went to the Palais de Tokyo, one of my favourite galleries here, and saw a couple of really great exhibits. It would be very difficult for me to describe in detail what the exhibits were about without boring you to death but all I will say is that if you ever come to Paris, this museum is a must-see.

Onto more concrete things: today, while surfing this webpage - started by a couple of journalists, and for which a classmate of mine writes - I found this video of Arcade Fire performing in an elevator. The concept of Concert A Emporter is pretty simple: "You meet a band. You take them outside, in the streets, and ask them to play there, shoot the movie in one unique shot, whatever happens." I haven't had a chance to see them all, but in the Shins video you can watch the boys get led all around Montmartre with their gear in hand.

Finally, how much fun would this be?



DJ Mehdi - Breakaway.