dimanche, octobre 15, 2006

oh right...school

Classes started on monday and I hate to admit it but it's already put a bit of a damper on my social life. However, twenty hours of class a week, plus at least 3 hours a day at the library make Anne go a little stir crazy. So I gave in to peer pressure and went out Thursday night. C'mon, DJ Mehdi release party? Yeah right i'm gonna stay at home and study...

I just knew that going out on Thursday would push my nagging scratchy throat into a full-fledged cold. But then again, I've never been one to listen to my body's warning signs. So off I went to the show. By the time we got there around 1, Chromeo was into their DJ set. I'd heard a few of their songs before, and I liked them well enough, but after seeing them on Thursday, they hold a special place in my heart. Both their DJ set and their live set were badass. Plus there's something so endearing about a scrawny tall dude with nerd glasses and a beige blazer blasting Ludacris, T.I. and Rick Ross. A geek who loves gangsta rap...sigh. Apologies for the terrible quality of the photos, I have yet to figure out how to use my new camera:



Up next was the man of the hour, DJ Mehdi (you can subscribe to his podcast from his myspace page), the party being thrown in celebration of his upcoming release Lucky Boy. There was a constant flow of shirts and CDs being thrown into the crowd. By the end of the night it looked like we were at the DJ Mehdi summer camp...everyone was wearing his shirt. And look who jumped on stage for a couple...


Fun times at the Bus Palladium. Even more fun was getting up the next morning to make it to my 10am class. I'm pretty sure that nutella crepe I chowed down at 4am saved my life the next morning. Sadly, my voice was a different story. It's now Sunday and I still sound like I smoke 3 packs a day. Small price to pay for the good times.

Hey remember turntablism? Yeah...those were the days. A friend put me onto these guys. Check it out!