mardi, avril 17, 2007

without a dope beat to step to

It's been a long time since I updated this blog. I just came back from a much needed vacation. It could not have come at a better time. The past two months have been eventful both academically and personally and it was about time I got to relax, sleep in and decompress. And while Vancouver in mid-April is probably not the best place to go to try to lift your spirits given the shitty weather, I had a pretty great week. More on that some other time, once I've uploaded some photos.

Now it's back to business. Aaron and I got into town around 4pm this afternoon. Just enough time for me to drop my bag off at home, hop in the shower and head to school for two hours of arabic. I challenge you to speak a foreign language when you've only had about an hour of (fitful) sleep on a plane. Those shots of espresso I threw back weren't even able to keep me awake.

More importantly though, there is some good stuff going down this weekend: DJ Funk on Friday and the Modular night at La Fleche d'Or on Saturday, featuring Datarock. And then, the French presidential elections on Sunday. Gonna be a good weekend!!