vendredi, juin 08, 2007

jesus revient en vogue

I heard mixed reviews of the Justice concert at La Cigale last night. Some people were pretty disappointed that they were only on for 1 hour. Others were whining that they never came out for an encore despite the thunderous applause. I read that Pedro even got booed at the end. I don't really get all the complaining since the Ed Rec crew were nice enough to organise a massive afterparty down the street, open to everyone and free for concertgoers.



I did not go to the concert but headed to the afterparty around midnight. There are large parts of my night that are a bit of a blur, so we'll just assume that I was dancing and/or standing in line to get a beer. I do remember my I Heart Jesus scarf getting a lot of attention - the title of this post was inspired by a conversation with Teki Latex about said scarf. I also remember climbing up on stage and dancing with the Belgians for a while. Unfortunately the stellar pictures of that portion of my night are forever lost because Julien lost his camera. Also unfortunate is that we got there too late to catch Colo spinning, but then again we were treated to 5 solid hours of Ed Banger-Boys Noize tagteam behind the decks.

So it was an enjoyable night, capped off with a solid 6am meal consisting of a goat cheese and tomato panini and a plate of fries. The metro ride home at 7am was a little awkward - being the only person in the wagon that wasn't on their way to work. That being said, I think I'm done with buying tickets to these massive parties in cavernous clubs. It's nearly impossible to create a good vibe, the crowd is full of belligerently drunk jailbait and quite frankly it's just more fun to watch the debauchery from the comfort of the side of the stage. I may also be on the brink of an electro overdose, which is why I've taken to only listening to Wilson Pickett and the Standing in the Shadows of Motown soundtrack when I'm at home.

Speaking of music that isn't electro, Teki Latex's CD release party is Monday, which is a bit of a bummer because that also happens to be the night of the Sciences-Po Gala. So this time around sumptuous dinner and dance party with free champagne trumps Party de Plaisir at le Pourri Pourri.