mardi, juin 05, 2007

surprise!



The last Colette Dance Class of the season was fantastic. Unfortunately, in order to participate in last night's class, you had to show up at Colette at 10am and get your number. So instead we watched from the sidelines and judged everyone's form. Clearly, I could have done a MUCH better job.

Good thing the classes only last one hour because everyone was just itching to get onto the dance floor. Moreso than usual. There's something about that song...

So we were dancing along to the most amazingly cheezy 70s music when I spot, completely out of the blue, an old friend I hadn't seen since Brussels in February. Of course I knew he'd be in town for Thursday night, but it turns out he came a few days early. The girls called it a night pretty early, but I wasn't quite ready to go yet, so I decided to stay at least until the end of the Justice set. The place was absolutely bananas - impossible to get on the dance floor, and I suspect the air conditioning wasn't working because it was unbearably hot. Despite the heat and the crowd, "until the end of Justice" became "until the end of this next set" became "ok, seriously one more song and then I'm out of here". Obviously I ended up staying until the very end: it is nearly impossible to drag me off a dance-floor when old school hip hop is playing. I dare you to try.

I never made it to my morning class despite my good intentions. The Justice aftershow party is at La Loco (aka: most cavernous club in Paris) on Thursday night. I'm sure it will be fun, but nothing beats hearing them spin in the tiny confines of an old private dancer club with 150 other music nerds.