vendredi, novembre 09, 2007

the unforgettable fire.

I'm leaving for Dublin this afternoon. I am so excited. It probably has something to do with the fact that I had a serious adolescent obsession with U2.

There I said it.

Now this piece of information is forever engraved in the blogosphere. Achtung Baby remains one of my favourite albums of all time. I still watch youtube clips of the ZooTV live in Sydney tour. My brother had it on video casette and I think I watched it so much that he tried to hide it from me so that I wouldn't break it from overuse. I sing along to One everytime it comes on in a store, even if it's that Mary J. Blige live version. I vehemently maintain that Bono has one of the best voices in music. Well, HAD...he's sounding a little thin these days. Also, he's become a bit of a pompous ass. Zooropa was probably their last great album, since then their musical genius has fizzled.

So here, for you while I'm off in U2-land, live performance of two of my favourite songs.