dimanche, janvier 14, 2007

la merde has hit the fan


Never in my life did I think I'd be so excited to wake up terribly hungover two mornings in a row. Ever since classes started on January 2nd, I've been sleeping 4 hours a night, spending 12 hours at school a day, forgetting to eat meals, and in general, cursing Sciences-Po. I'm beginning to think that I have the immune system of a super-human because apart from a little head cold, I have somehow managed to avoid any major health breakdowns that would normally occur with such behaviour.

Last night was the most fun I've had in a long time. Jean Nipon came along and brought some friends...although the ONE dude I wanted to hear went on at the exact moment when I was engaged in a deep political discussion upstairs. Other highlighs of the night included dancing to this and this.

Now just because I've spent the last two nights drinking away my sorrows at Le Paris Paris does not mean that I'm out of the woods yet. I think this school has made it its mission to try to kill us. And the professors have all been taken by this random desire to move all of our due dates foward, sometimes by over a week. So things aren't about to get any better any time soon. Not to mention the fact that my Master's Project is really picking up now and our first large debate about the upcoming presidential elections is happening next week. Check out our pretty website.

All that being said, Trax magazine is having a bit of a celebration on Thursday night and I think it might be a good time...