lundi, février 05, 2007

ask and you shall receive

Aaron is right, I have been seriously neglecting this blog lately. It's mostly because for the past month, I've been so miserable that I didn't really have anything blog-able to say. I didn't want to bore you all to death with long descriptions of the unbelieavable amount of work I had... nobody likes a whiner.

But the tide is turning and on Friday at 5pm, when my last exam gets out, I will finally be able to relax and get back to leading a normal life. You know, one where I get to go out until sunrise and sleep all day.

One of the reasons I've been so overloaded with work is that the second debate for my master's project was last week. I had to present that first set of polls to the panel, which included the director of Sciences-Po (very intimidating), and the spokeswoman for Nicolas Sarkozy (also intimidating). The whole thing was filmed. Check me out, here.

Yes, I'm reading off my cards too much, but let's just remember that I hate speaking in front of people to the point that last weekend I had a nightmare about presenting this debate. Glad it's over.

So now that vacation is finally within reach, I can start focusing on how many amazing shows are coming up....starting tonight, with Kavinsky behind the decks after the Colette Dance Class at le Paris Paris. Ed Banger Records is celebrating their 4th birthday in style at Espace Cardin on Saturday. Next monday I will be checking out Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah! Then I'm off to the mountains for a little fresh air and alone-time. And when I get back, I jump on the train and head to Brussels where some buddies are putting this on. I could go on...