samedi, juin 16, 2007

Gala, Tarantino, etc...

It's been a busy week. I'd like to say that it was busy because I was spending hours at the library studying for my Tuesday morning exam, but that would be a huge lie. The week started off with a bang, at the end-of-year Sciences-Po Gala. Even though I didn't have as much fun as I did two years ago, it was still a great night. The setting was beautiful, the champagne was flowing and the company was delightful. But the party quickly degenerated into a free for all around midnight. It's always a little unsettling when you witness supposedly bright and intelligent people become complete assholes over something as insignificant as alcohol. Although I guess those of us who attended the dinner are partly to blame since we drank most of the champagne which was meant to last all night. Oopsie. Here are some pictures.





I also went to check out the new Tarantino movie. I was completely engrossed and thoroughly entertained for the duration of the film. However, I have talked to several people - even though they describe themselves as huge Tarantino fans - who were incredibly disappointed. So all I will say is: go see it. Tell me what you think. Although I think we can all agree that the soundtrack is outstanding.

Tonight I'm taking it relatively easy, because last night I came home at dawn. It was truly a bizarre evening, timing-wise. I got home at around 11:30pm after studying and working all day, dropped my things off and rushed out. After a little bit of bar hopping, we finally settled down for some beers around 1am. It looked like it was going to be a quiet night, until I got a phonecall from a buddy on his way to Le Paris Paris. So off we went again, completely unaware of how late it was already. I got home around 6am, not even tired. So instead I ate a little, bummed around on the internet, and finally decided I should probably hit the sac. It's like I'm jet-lagged or something.

The point is, I'm going to check out Lo-Fi-Fnk tonight and I'm pretty excited after seeing the pictures from their show in Vancouver.