jeudi, novembre 22, 2007

you're my tenderoni

It's been a week. I was hoping that the strike would be over by now but those assholes are still going strong(ish). Slowly but surely, moderate factions are breaking away from the main unions and voting to go back to work, which explains why buses, metros and trains are running sporadically. However, in what can only be described as the most nonsensical decision ever, certain militant factions have started sabotage missions on major railroads, bus depots and bike stands. What part of "70% of the french population urges the government to stay firm against unions" do these shitheads not understand? The battle is over. Get back to work and stop punishing us for trying to use public transportation.

The train strike made getting down to Tours for tryouts a bit of a hassle, but at least I made it. I played like absolute garbage, but managed to make the first round of cuts. Playing frisbee in this country is an excercise in patience. I just don't understand the logic of what most of the players are doing on the field at any given time. So much chaos, so little strategy, it's no wonder I wasn't on top of my game. It will be another couple of months before I know for sure if I'm on the team. Hopefully by then I will have managed to convince people that I can actually play this sport, and that they should listen to my suggestions.

Look who's in town tonight!!!