vendredi, février 15, 2008

@#%WTF! $*@#

This week has certainly been a lesson in taking deep breaths and trying to just let. things. go. I'm slowly getting there but it's been an uphill battle.

United Airlines lost my bag. At first I thought it was a simple case of my bag not making it on my flight. But no, it has actually disappeared. I should have known that something was up when my snowboard made it to Vancouver, but not my suitcase. I also had a 4 hour lay-over in Chicago, plenty of time for them to do their job correctly and load my bag on the flight. I have spent the better part of my vacation on the phone with incompetent call center agent after incompetent call center agent. They have given me every story in the book, including that they found my bag and it was on its way to Vancouver. The final version is that my bag somehow lost its barcode tag, and when they searched in the storage where all untagged bags go to die, they didn't find mine. So I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it was stolen. I'm not going to go into a detailed description of all the one-of-a-kind items that I lost, because it hurts too much.

So now here we are, 4 days into my so-called vacation. No clothes, no underwear, no shoes, no nothing. Also, no hope of getting any compensation any time soon. I'll be lucky if I get a fraction of what my actual bag and its contents were worth. Let this be a lesson for everyone: never fly United Airlines and never take a flight through Chicago.

I've also spent too much time driving around this city since I've been back...trying to pick up some necessities. It's been confirmed that Vancouverites are the worst drivers in the universe. They are allergic to signaling, they drive no faster than 40km/h and apparently the 4-way stop is a concept much too complicated for their pea-sized brains. Next time you're driving in Vancouver, try honking at the driver in front of you and notice how they slam on the breaks. Most retarded knee-jerk reaction ever.

But enough with the negativity. On the bright side, I won't have to check any bags in on my way back to Paris, right?

DEEP BREATHS.