mardi, janvier 29, 2008

trash.

My excuse for not posting regularly this time is that I'm currently on a mission to exhaust myself to such an extent that when I go back to Vancouver in less than two weeks, I can fully take advantage of what I do best in the no-fun city: sleep.

So far I think I'm on the right path towards complete physical exhaustion. Last weekend instead of getting through a to-do list of chores that must get done before my departure, I decided to spend most of it in a haze of partying and sleep-deprivation that I did not get out of until Monday morning around 6:30am, thanks to a healthy cocktail of champagne, wine and Jack and coke. Sure, it wasn't the best way to start the work week, but I stopped pretending to give a shit about my job a long time ago. Furthermore, what good is living in Paris if you don't plan on experiencing all this wonderful city has to offer, including underground afterhours tranny clubs.

But I'm all about balance and I did manage to squeeze in a few enriching activities this weekend. I checked out Sweeney Todd on Friday afternoon. I was incredibly excited to see this movie. In Grade 2, our teacher got us to perform it in front of the school and our parents. Tim Burton's adaptation was fantastically dark and gory. Also, is there anything Johnny Depp cannot do? What's next, a major exhibit of his artwork at the MOMA?

And then I actually dragged myself out of bed twice this weekend to play some Ultimate with the national women's team. Granted, on Saturday I showed up almost 2 hours late, to the amusement of the coach who could probably tell just by looking at me what I had been doing the night before. Nothing like 3 hours of intense running to sweat out the night's excesses, right?