lundi, juin 18, 2007

Hype.

Hype must be such a terrifying thing when you're releasing your first full-length album. I don't know what it's been like on the other side of the world, but over here we've been hearing about the new Justice album non-stop since at least January. I have to say that it took about a week for the album to truly grow on me. My first reaction was slight disappointment, but mostly because several of the songs had already been released as EPs, so it wasn't completely new and exciting. Then again, new albums are never much of a surprise anymore thanks to the magic of the Internet.

I've made my feelings about Uffie quite clear on this blog, but once again on The Party she ruins a perfectly good beat with her asinine lyrics.

For all of you heading down to Seattle in July to see Daft Punk, here is a little 9 minute preview. A buddy of mine was at this show last Thursday and he said his head nearly exploded from the incredible wall of sound coming from the stage He literally wouldn't shut up about how amazing it was...and he's not even a Daft Punk fan.