mercredi, avril 23, 2008

things that suck

Because i'm feeling so positive these days:

1) Segways. Who is the retard who invented this? (Wikipedia tells me his name is Dean Kamen) It has got to be up there in the Top 10 list of most ridiculous inventions of the 21st century.

2) The people who use Segways. The Segway is stupid, therefore an individual who chooses it as a mode of transportation is equally stupid. Now that the weather is getting nicer and the tourists are once again overtaking Paris, my neighbourhood is literally teeming with these idiots humming around on their Segways. Tour groups are already annoying, but the annoyance factor goes through the roof once you stick them on a Segway with a helmet (yes apparently you need protective head gear) and fluorescent yellow vests.

Sidenote: Last September as I was leaving my building, a group of aforementioned idiots were crossing the street onto the sidewalk I was on. The gods must have been smiling down on me that day because the moment I had been waiting for for so long finally occured. A middle-aged american tourist was hurrying in order to avoid being hit by traffic. He was clearly labouring under the impression that a Segway is an all-terrain device, so he proceeded to ram full speed into the curb and completely eat pavement right in front of me while his Segway made bizarre buzzing sounds and tried to stay upright. The hilarity of the situation was so incredible (especially when his overweight wife started yelling "oh my GAWD honey are you alright?!?") that I didn't even try to suppress my laughter and immediately sent text messages to everyone I knew telling them about what I had just witnessed.

3) School until July. I don't get out of class until mid-June. And then I have my final oral exams in July. The better the weather gets, the more depressed I am at the thought of being stuck in class when it's 30 degrees outside. It hit me pretty hard today when the first Respect is Burning party was announced for June 4th. I will still have a full month of school left. Gasp.

4) My oral exam subject. La neutralite a-t-elle un sens? Balls.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Dean Kamen has invented a couple of great things to almost-atone for that disgusting folly. Wikipedia told me that his dad used to draw Tales From the Crypt! Awesome.

-Naben

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Good post.

7:49 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home