lundi, novembre 20, 2006

yaaaawn


Today, for the first time in my life, I had to set two alarms in order to wake up.

I've never had problems waking up. That is not to say that i'm a morning person. Just ask my mother what it's like trying to have a conversation with me within the first hour of my being awake. And nothing annoys me more that those perky people who spring out of bed at 8am and are out of the door within 30 minutes. I'm terribly slow and cranky in the AM. But I can get up.

Not so anymore. For the past two weeks it has taken me a solid hour to mentally prepare for the task of getting out of bed. I don't even need to make use of the snooze button anymore...i just roll over and go back to sleep with the news blaring in my ear. And forget about staying awake in class. I drank 3 coffees and a Diet Coke today and I was still nodding off in my lectures. So last night, I not only set my radio clock, but I also set my cell phone to the most grating ringtone available, and placed it on the other side of my studio. This is what it has come down to. I'm getting a little concerned.

Speaking of concerned, the international community should probably start openly voicing consternation over the steady Russian decline (read: nosedive) into corruption, bullying and blatant criminality. Can you believe this? What next, Bulgarian umbrellas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Elmo said...

Cutest sleeping anne ever! Don't think it can get much better...

10:26 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

for more on the apparent resurgence of foreign espionage:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1163717412468

11:15 PM  
Blogger nabenruthnum.com said...

At least it makes the news more exciting. And we'll have plot materials for new James Bond films now that the Reds are acting up again. You've gotta focus on the important stuff.

-Naben

8:51 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home