mercredi, novembre 01, 2006

cucoo for coco puffs

What does a girl do when she needs a study break? She spends two hours tasting some of the best chocolate in the world:

Every year, all the best chocolatiers from France, Belgium, even Japan descend on Paris' convention centre. You pay a small entrance fee and then are let loose among hundreds of stands of companies showing off and selling their products. In order to sell, they must let you taste. And it. is. heaven.

I was smart and I went on a weekday morning, so it was pretty empty and the chocolatiers were being very generous with their samples. I also managed to get a little tipsy off of chocolate liqueur and a Grand Marnier crepe. And let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've tasted foie gras with onion and chocolate spread, all washed down with a little glass of chocolate wine.

Too bad I completely forgot to bring my camera because they also have a fashion show with beautiful dresses made by top designers, all somehow incorporating chocolate in the design.

I could have stayed in there all day. Although I might have overdosed on chocolate...