vendredi, octobre 27, 2006

les sons sont platoniques

Institubes "Australian invasion" night at Le Tryptique. The crowd was a lot sparser than we expected given the solid lineup. We got there in time to catch most of Tacteel's set - who was very good - we even got an impromptu solo version of TTC's Girlfriend care of Cuizinier. The crowd ate it up...like ice cream. HA! oh lord...bad joke. (listen to the song you'll get it)

Then came a live concert from Melbourne's Midnight Juggernauts - one bassist/guitarist, drummer and keyboardist. Their music is very dancey, new New Wave kind of stuff, so they fit in perfectly amongst the all-DJ lineup. I won't rush out to get their album though, as they got a little bit monotonous near the end of their set. I think the crowd might have been getting a little bored too.


But thankfully Das Glow jumped behind the decks and proceeded to get everyone back on the dancefloor with an absolute killer set of pure German techno. About 30 minutes in I was getting ready to call it a night. I had had my birthday drinks and I was pretty much ready to eat my nutella crepe and crawl into bed. But Das Glow's set was so retarded that I got my second wind and we ended up staying until the end.


Sidebar: Teki Latex gets the award for best T-shirt of the night. Hands down.

After Das Glow came Riot in Belgium, another Australian. Makes sense, right? I was pretty into it. A lot less rave-party and more electro than Das Glow. But by that time, I could no longer ignore the fact that my body was aching for sleep, so we decided to call it a night. But not before eating the most massive nutella banana crepe I've ever had. It was so big I saved half for breakfast.


Three hours of sleep, and then class all day and an oral presentation in the afternoon. You know you overdid it when you're still nodding off in class after two espressos.